Swift fingerboards community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift fingerboards community

A serious fingerboard forum for serious fingerboarders.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summit package

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Techbox FB

Techbox FB

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:29 pm

I ordered the non-bearing tuning package of Summit hardware.

First impressions
when i got the bubble mailer the first thing i noticed was Conor's address label, an argyle background with a summit fb logo on the side... ok when i opened it i found everything was there, except the three sheets of griptape. i don't know if i had to order the grip seperately or what, but maybe i assumed it was included in the package. all the tuning and hardware were in seperate little baggies (which are very usefull for storing fb parts), so everything was nice and seperate.

Setting up
setting up my deck was pretty simple, all i did was put the kingpins/axles of a set of td trucks in a clamp and unscrewed them out. when i screwed in the summit axles i noticed they tapped the threads well, but eventually the part of the hole towards the outside of the truck becomes stripped easily, so the summits have to relatively tight so they don't fall out. also i had to switch a couple pairs of wheels around because some where too wide and they didn't move when the axles where tightened all the way.

Feel
these will completely transform the feel of your fingerboard. when i first started riding my board i started landing everything clean, flips were nice and fast and easy to catch, and my grinds didn't slip out. i really like the feel the O-rings give off, because instead of a hard bland feel they give a nice vibration with a popping feel.

Conclusion
go order these, they are the best hardware ever made. they transform the feel of your board and don't strip/ loosen as easily as techdeck hardware. you can pick up a package or repplacement parts/tools at www.summitfb.com
Back to top Go down
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

It does say it comes with three sheet of grip. I would Email him and tell him. Same thing happened to me exept he left out 2 of my bushings. I emailed him and he sent me replacments plus extra ones. I recomened emailing him. Good review though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr
Techbox FB

Techbox FB

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Scottolds wrote:
It does say it comes with three sheet of grip. I would Email him and tell him. Same thing happened to me exept he left out 2 of my bushings. I emailed him and he sent me replacments plus extra ones. I recomened emailing him. Good review though.
i think i'll do that, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Techbox FB

Techbox FB

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:51 pm

i emailed conor and five minutes later he emails back and says "my bad" and sends me out the grip no questions asked(i just got it today and i love it, not too grippy, but adds that nice amount of control we all crave). super cool guy, he keeps his customers happy. i'll definitely be ordering from him again.
Back to top Go down
spazz5

spazz5

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:41 am

cool review Smile
Back to top Go down
JamesM

JamesM

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:16 am

nice review man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summit package Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summit package   Summit package Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summit package
Page 1 of 1