Swift fingerboards community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift fingerboards community

A serious fingerboard forum for serious fingerboarders.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simmit Harware Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

Simmit Harware Review Empty
PostSubject: Simmit Harware Review   Simmit Harware Review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:17 am

Ok i ordered a summit harware pack around the 2nd of janurary. He sent me the confermation email 4 days later wich was good since it was around new years. I sent the payment on the same day. He then sent me an email on the 8th to say my order was shipped. I then received it in 5 DAYS!!! witch is very fast from the USA to New Zealand. So the shippng was exilant.

Shipping:
Was very fast since it came in 5 Days. The stuff came in little baggies inside a bubble mailer. So it was very safe and nicely wraped up.
Simmit Harware Review Sany0010

Products:
In the harware Kit you get the following things:
4x Bearing Tuning (or Normal tunning)
2x bottom bushings
2x top bushings
4x washers
8x mounting screws
3x peices of griptape.
2x Kingpins
i received everything exept my 2 bottom bushings. That wasent that great but he is sending replacment bushings.

Performance:
Ok ive set up the following things: My kingpins, Mounting screws, top bushings, grip and washers. I will start off with the grip

Grip: The Grip is a normal grip not like softies/riptape.fbs tape but it does look and feel slightly differant. It is not as gritty as normal skate grip so it dosent rip and tear the tips of your fingers. Its also alot darker/more black than normal grip and it also has a very shiney look to it.
It grips very well and is very well performing. Its very easy to apply/cut and sticks very nicley. All over the grip is definatly a good coice of grip to get.
Simmit Harware Review Sany0011
Simmit Harware Review Sany0012
Simmit Harware Review Sany0013

Kingpins:
The kingpins and a 1.5 sized hex head screw that replaces your origional kingpin. They are made of a very ressistant stainless steel wich allows the threads and socket heads will never strip. they screw perficly into a tech deck kingpin hole and are securley in there. For there price they are going to be hard to beat. Definatly worth the money.
THESE DO NOT COME WITH A HEX KEY
Simmit Harware Review Sany0014

Bushings/washers:
I cant really review these untill i get my bottom bushings but so far they work great. The washers allow them to press down evenly wich prevents your trucks from tilting to one side.
Simmit Harware Review Sany0015

Mounting Screws:
These screws are used to attach your trucks to your deck. Theye have a very small flat head and fit perfeclty into most truck holes. These screws are slighltly longer than tech deck mounting screws so that makes them alot better for your thicker decks. There isent much to say about these exept that they are a definalty good buy if your looking for longer screws for your thicker decks.
Simmit Harware Review Sany0016

Cost:
The cost of the hardware pack with bearing tunning is $8.50 but for a pack with regular tunning its only $8.00. The international shippings cost id Only $2.00 wich is very cheep. Definalty buy from summit.
The site is www.summitfb.com

This is my first revew so please dont be harsh but constructive critisism is definalty welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr
jesse G

PostSubject: Re: Simmit Harware Review   Simmit Harware Review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:32 am

he must've changed his grip,
cause what i got wasn't shiny at all.
Back to top Go down
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

PostSubject: Re: Simmit Harware Review   Simmit Harware Review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:33 am

hmm maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simmit Harware Review   Simmit Harware Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simmit Harware Review
Page 1 of 1