Swift fingerboards community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift fingerboards community

A serious fingerboard forum for serious fingerboarders.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FBS REVIEW

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

FBS REVIEW Empty
PostSubject: FBS REVIEW   FBS REVIEW Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:50 am

FBS Review

Shipping
Ok so the shipping was 4€ for the uninsured shipping and 6€ for insured shipping. I got uninsured because I was only getting O-rings. Anyway the shipping came in only 6 days! That’s from Germany to New Zealand. That’s incredible shipping. They came in a bubble mailer so they were well protected. Katha even put in a free sheet of FBS smooth tape for me to review.
FBS REVIEW Dsc05110

First impressions
Ok so I opened the mailer and stickers just poured out! I was so surprised on how many stickers she put in there, it really was nice. So I noticed the FBS tape first and thought What the Hell? I pulled it out and it had FBS Smooth Tape, Review Please on a sticker that was stuck to the back of it. I thought it was really nice and was very surprised. The Smooth tape’s first impressions were it looks very similar to rip. I felt the two different pieces and they feel similar but not quite the same. The FBS fells more like a rubbery kind of stuff when the rip feels……….different. (lol I don’t really know how to explain). So now on to O-rings. I found them at the bottom of the mailer and took them out and looked at them for a while. They look the exact same a Summit Bushings except they are a different colour. Now I will review them separately.

FBS smooth
Ok so like I said it looks very similar to Rip. Just it feels more rubbery and slightly less grippy. I set some up on my primo and started to ride it. It felt really nice on my fingers and it provides exilant grip. For some odd reason it really helped me with my switch flips. The one thing I don’t really like about it, is that it is quite difficult to cut. I just put Rip backing on it, traced around that and then cut it out. It turned out all right. Mr Stan told me earlier the best way to cut off unwanted pieces of it the use nail clippers. He was right it works really well. I really like FBS tape so I will probably order some more soon. Defiantly get some it’s worth it!
FBS REVIEW Copy_o10

O-rings
So for all the people who don’t know, O-rings are bushings. So these came in a little baggie inside the bubble mailer. I opened the bag up and took them out and looked at them for a little while. They look identical to summit bushings just a different colour. I really liked my summit stuff so I expected these to be the same. I set them up and the felt really nice. Stan also told me O-rings were “soft as penis” lol. I have too agree they are quite soft but not to soft. I normally really like tight bushings but these seemed to please me well. They fit onto TD truck kingpins and Summit kingpins perfectly so that’s good. They come in lots of dif colours too witch is sweet too. (I got blue.) Just like the FBS tape, these are def worth getting! Go buy some today.
FBS REVIEW O-ring10

Conclusion
Katha is a great person. She is really generous when it comes to extras too. Shipping is really good, fast, and safe. Exilant, easy to use web shop. Incredible service and company! Defiantly buy from FBS!

Site: www.fingerboardstore.de/shop
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr

FBS REVIEW
Page 1 of 1