Swift fingerboards community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift fingerboards community

A serious fingerboard forum for serious fingerboarders.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purewood review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

Purewood review Empty
PostSubject: Purewood review   Purewood review Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:24 am

Purewood deck/foam grip review.

DECK:

Ok first off I would like to thank Reinhardt for sending me the deck. Purewood’s a really good company and s very legit.

Shipping:
He sent one deck and unfortunate it got lost in the mail, so generously he sent me a replacement deck. It got here in 6 days witch is very very fast from Canada to New Zealand. It came in a nice bubble mailer with a sheet of Foam grip. It was very well packaged so it didn’t get damaged.

First impressions:
When I first took it out of the pack I thought it looked a lot like my BW wide. It’s the same length and width and nearly has the same shape too. The craftsmanship looked really good and all over looked like and exilant deck.

Craftsmanship:
When he sent it he said that his drill press was broken, and he had run out of lacquer, so I said I would lacquer it and drill the holes. I though I would mention this because Im unable to tell you about his lacquering and his holes but from what ive seen they are very good. The shape was really nice, the dips were nicely defined, and the whole deck was really well sanded down. It’s a three ply deck, but for three ply’s it really is quite strong. All over really good

Setup:
Since he didn’t drill the holes I cant really tell you how it was to setup but im sure it would be reasonably easy to even if he did drill the holes.

Performance:
I started riding it and it felt really good. Ive been riding it for about 1 week now and Im fully used to it. It has exilant pop and the kick heights are just perfect so they give a really nice flip. It has very little concave but I like it like that. I find that flip tricks are really good and easy to do with it. All over it’s a really well performing deck.

Improvements:
The only thing that he could improve is possibly making it a 4 or 5 ply deck. This way it ensures it has a lot more strength. Other than that it is really good.

Conclusion:
BUY ONE NOW!!! (Buy more than one, get one for a friend too)

GRIP:

He also sent me a piece of foam grip to tryout, so I put it on the deck and started to use it.

First impressions:
When I first looked at it I saw it was regular skate grip but with foam underneath it. At first I didn’t think it would make much difference with the foam underneath it. So I set it up and tried it.

Craftsmanship:
Can’t say anything about that except it is cut really nice and is big enough to fit any deck.

Performance:
I set it up and found that the foam did make a huge difference. It has the same grittiness of regular grip but at the same time it has a really nice soft feel to it. Its really nice. It cuts really easily to so it’s nice and easy to apply.

Improvements:
NONE!

Conclusion:
A gritty feel with a softness added to it. Really good.

So thank you Reinhardt for sending me the stuff its really good. Defiantly buy some stuff from Purewood. Its worth it!

Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr
Techbox FB

Techbox FB

Purewood review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purewood review   Purewood review Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:06 am

nice job. my only critique is to rate the deck and grip on a scale of 1-10.
Back to top Go down

Purewood review
Page 1 of 1