Swift fingerboards community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift fingerboards community

A serious fingerboard forum for serious fingerboarders.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolve Hardcore Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scottolds
Admin
Scottolds

Evolve Hardcore Review Empty
PostSubject: Evolve Hardcore Review   Evolve Hardcore Review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:25 am

Evolve Hardcore Review.

First I would like to thank Aaron Stetson for trading the deck to me. Ive had the deck for quite awhile now and just thought that I could kill some time by review it so here is the review. Please note I don’t think these are currently available from anywhere. I don’t know when or if they are coming back in stock at FBS or Arctic or whether Jader is directly selling them to people but I just though I should mention this just to tell all the people who don’t know.

Shipping
Unfortunately I can’t tell you anything about shipping from Jader, arctic, FBS or anywhere else you can get them because I got it in a trade and not from them.

First Impressions
Since the deck was second hand the condition wasn’t as good as it would be when it was brand new, but from what I saw it looked like a really good deck. The graphic was really clear and just by briefly looking at it I could see It had a really nice shape. I pretty much new how deep and hardcore they were before getting the deck because I had tried Stan’s one a few days prior to making the trade, but even taking that into consideration I still was shocked at how much concave there was. All over I had really good first impressions on the deck.

Craftsmanship
Shape = perfect, holes = perfect, kingpin holes = perfect, sanding = perfect, graphic = perfect. That’s pretty much the only way I can describe this deck. Everything about it is awesome. The nose and tail are Identical. They are the same length, height, and are both sanded the same. The only way I can tell which side the tail and nose are is the graphic and I cut a slit in my Riptape, just to make it easier. The holes are perfectly countersunk and the screws fit in nicely. I had no problem setting the deck up at all, it all want together with ease. The ply’s are really nice except for a few dents in the side of the deck but that’s my fault not the decks. Ohh yea i nearly forgot about the lacquer. Its all right but I think it could defiantly be shinier. All over, Great job Jader!

The Shape
This is just for all the people who don’t know the shape of the evolve decks. They are probably the most deep concave, hardcore shaped decks available on the market. I don’t know what Jadar does to the wood that allows it mold to the shape of these decks. I would have thought the wood would just snap when he shapes the deck but clearly he has some special way of doing it. They are made of 5 ply’s and are super strong. I can’t flex the board at all, it’s just that firm. The kicks are quite steep and the shape is really defined. These are the only decks on the market of this kind. Even the mellow is super hardcore. But all over, its one of the best shapes ever made.

Performance
SO GOOD! I love this deck for switch, that’s not what I would expect from a deck with kicks this high but it just seems to work for me that way. It has SO much pop and has a really firm snap to it. The kicks make your tricks pretty high and sometimes they are a little bit out of control but the times that my tricks are controlled they are normally really clean and are surprisingly easy to do.
To sum up the performance its defiantly a great deck to use and I really recommend it for switch.

Overview
All over, the deck has a super hardcore shape and is an amazingly performing deck. There are no flaws in the whole deck and has some of the best craftsmanship I have ever seen. Great for switch, has insane pop all over one of the sickest deck out there. Great job Jader, keep up the great work!
Pics:
Evolve Hardcore Review 2755633113_742cc4332a
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftfingerboards.co.nr

Evolve Hardcore Review
Page 1 of 1